Thursday, 24 April 2008

Wrexham boss plans squad shake-up

Wrexham boss Brian Little admits relegation from the Football League feels "horrible" but says he has to be ruthless if the club is to bounce back.

The Dragons were relegated after losing 2-0 at Hereford on Tuesday night.

"It's horrible," said Little. "Tonight is about hitting the bottom and it's now about looking at the club in the future.

"I know I can't be nice to too many people at this moment. My job is to be ruthless and sort the team out."

The relegation comes 30 years to the day after Wrexham sealed their first promotion to the second level of English football - the highest division the club has played in.

But they have been flirting with relegation all this season and even Little's arrival in November could not save them from dropping into the Blue Square Premier.

And he admits he has a tough task to bring the club back into the Football League at the first attempt.

"We've seen quite a few teams [in the Blue Square Premier] already who we know are better than us," said Little.

606: DEBATE
RobinDragons

"It's down to somebody to choose people who come into the club.

"That person is me and I will be judged on that and I accept that and if I don't get it right, then I accept someone else deserves the opportunity because Wrexham is too good a club not to bounce back quickly."

"I sampled this horrible feeling 20 years ago [with Darlington] and in the last few weeks I've started to be able to feel it again.

"But it's a feeling that motivated me, set me on a road to football management and winning things and I hope tonight is the starting point for the team to bounce back."



Free Football Tips

No comments: